You have no items in your shopping cart.
Whether you're considering going vegan for your health out of concern for the environment or to avoid contributing to the suffering of animals Becoming Vegan: Express Edition has all the information you need in order to provide nutritious vegan meals for yourself your family and your friends.
Internationally acclaimed vegan dietitians Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina present the latest findings on the following:
- using plant foods to protect against cancer heart disease and other chronic illnesses
- obtaining essential protein without meat eggs or dairy products
- maintaining a healthy weight and discovering the keys to fitness
- designing balanced vegan diets for infants children and seniors
- incorporating 'good fats and learning where to find them
- meeting calcium needs without dairy products
- understanding the importance of vitamin B12
- ensuring a healthy vegan pregnancy and ample nutrition for breast-feeding
Completely revised this seminal classic offers fresh insights into the implications of becoming vegan--for individuals for animals and for our fragile planet. It includes new information on the health benefits of vegan diets and a blueprint for clean eating. This streamlined 'express' version is extensive yet easily understandable for anyone who wants to construct an optimal plant-based diet.'